Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Grand Finale!!

For our final in my cake decorating class we were given a picture of a cake that we had to recreate our selves using techniques we learned in class. I was sooo nervous because I wasn't that great at butter cream cakes or butter cream detailing and this final was worth half our grade!! I was sooo happy and so thankful when I saw the cake that I had to recreate...it was a fondant cake, with no butter cream at all!!! However, I was not allowed to use fondant because we had not learned fondant in our class. We learned how to do rolled butter cream, which is pretty much like fondant with a few different ingredients, and marzipan, also kind of like fondant but with completely different ingredients. I am so much better at fondant and molding things than butter cream so this was the perfect cake I was given. Here is a picture of the cake I was given to recreate along with the cake I made. I was so happy and proud of this cake and the teacher absolutely loved it...oh and I got an A :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment