Friday, December 10, 2010

Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start

A little over a year ago (September of 2009 to be exact) I wanted to make a special and reallllyy nice cake for my mom for her birthday, and this is where the story begins!... During this time I had been trying to search and find a new hobby for me, something productive, fun, and artsy, and something I was good at. I began to have an interest in baking, I have always enjoyed it, but wanted to get into it more and learn more. I watched cake shows on TLC and Food Network all the time and had just gotten a book about decorating cakes/cupcakes so I began to pursue it a little bit more and to try it out. My moms birthday was coming up and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity. So I went out and got all the supplies needed. I had no idea what I was doing, pretty much guessing  and just going along and what not, I skimmed the cake book briefly, and then went at it. Well...let me just say...the finished product was not what I was really going for, it was lopsided and uneven...and just UGLY!




Of course my mom looved it, despite it's hideous appearance. I, on the other hand, HATED it,  I am a perfectionist when it comes to things like this, so me not being able to do it well really upset me to the point where I really had no desire to try again. But I eventually sucked it up and tried again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment