Monday, April 25, 2011

The Lab Gang

My dad's birthday was coming up and I was trying to think of an awesome cake idea for him...which is VERY hard to do! I knew the one thing he really loves, our dogs, but I had done a cake for his last birthday last year that had both our dogs on it...so I had to come up with a new idea. Last summer I got my dad this adorable sign that said "Beware Lab Gang" and had a picture of each lab, black, yellow and chocolate. It then went on to describe the characteristics of the dogs and the mischievous things they do. Both our dogs are labs (black and chocolate) and my dad's good friend has a yellow lab...so I thought this sign was perfect, and it ended up helping inspire my cake for him! The theme was, as the sign said, "The Lab Gang." I wanted to make a cake with 3 very mischievous dogs who were getting into trouble. Not only that, I wanted to make sure each dog was doing something our dogs had really done, for example, Averee (black dog) likes to dig and tear up blankets, Luke (brown dog) use to chew and tear up toys, and as for Drago (yellow dog and my dad's friend's dog) I was not sure what he has done, so I made him getting into dog food and paint. This cake was so much fun and my dad loved it...we did not even eat it because my dad liked it too much. :)



"Bad to the Bone Cake"

No comments:

Post a Comment